You know we love a pretty invitation suite, but we had no idea what all went into the wording! We sat down with Susan Potts, owner of Occasions Paper, to get a little invitation etiquette 101 to share with all our darling brides. If you have questions on whose names go where, how to address the invite, and everything in between, read on!
1. Does the bride or groom’s name go first on the invitation?
2. How would you word the invitation if the ceremony and reception are at different locations?
3. How would you work the invitation if the bride’s family is funding the wedding?
4. What is the best way to tell my guests what type of attire to wear?
5. How do I inform my guests that I would not like children to attend?
6. Is it important to say who is hosting/funding the wedding on the invite?
7. What is the proper way to address the envelope with a return address?
9. Should I include RSVP cards/envelopes in my invite?
10. Where is the best place to list where we registered?